Sometimes clues point out where a marijuana grow is. Now a new law will require all commercial marijuana growers to post a sign, making it extra obvious. Failing to abide by the sign law will have severe consequences, said Tulsa medical marijuana attorney Stephen Cale.

Gov. Kevin Stitt signed SB 1737 on May 25th. It will go into effect on Nov. 1, 2022.

The following is for educational purposes only and it is not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is established through this article.

Sign Requirements

The law spells out the sign’s size and location, and other requirements, Cale said.

The sign must:

  • Be at least 18 by 24 inches;
  • Be located at the perimeter of the grow property;
  • Included the business name, physical address of the grow, business phone number, and license number; and
  • Comply with county regulations and local ordinances.

The law further states that information required to be on the sign must be in in “black standardized font on a white

The Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) will be issuing rules concerning signage requirements, Cale said.

No Sign, No More License

Under the law, failing to erect proper signage within 60 days “after the renewal of each application for a medical marijuana commercial grower license … shall result in the immediate revocation” of the license.

“There are some procedural due process problems with that provision, in my opinion,” Cale said.

Require Before Pre-Licensure Inspection

Upon issuance of a temporary license, all medical marijuana commercial grower licensees must comply with the provisions of the signage law before OMMA prelicensure inspection.

Working With The Cale Law Office

The Cale Law Office is dedicated to the practice of medical marijuana law and criminal defense. Our mission is to achieve the best possible results for our clients through hard work, attention to detail, and aggressive representation. This is done while maintaining the highest level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical standards.

We have helped numerous people set up marijuana businesses and acquire their OMMA dispensary, processor, and grower medical marijuana licenses. If you want a medical marijuana business license, marijuana compliance auditing, or need legal representation in the Oklahoma medical marijuana industry, call the Cale Law Office at 918-277-4800. Or, contact us through the web. Your initial consultation is free.